Becoming a DVCS member is a way for our community to support and engage with the work we do. If you are interested in becoming a member please complete our membership form. Your application will be reviewed at our next board meeting (held every six weeks).
Your agreement – members agree to:
- the DVCS vision of a world free from violence and abuse
- support people affected by violence and abuse in their relationships
- support people who use violence and abuse in their relationships, which encourages them to take responsibility for, and stop using, violence
- provide information as applicable
- promote and demonstrate good practice as applicable
- initiate and participate in data collection and research as applicable
- challenge the structural and systemic forces that can lead to domestic and family violence such as gender inequity
- promote a culture of respect and non-violence.
- Vote at the Annual General Meeting
- Receive a copy of our Annual Report via email
- Receive invitations to all functions and events
- Receive an exclusive invitation to the Annual Members Forum & Annual General Meeting
Recognition of your contribution:
- Your name will be included in our Annual Report (on request)
- Your name will be included in our Members Newsletter & Staff/Board Newsletter (on request)
- Complete the online application form, ensuring you complete all sections.
- Have your application endorsed by two current members of the Association. If you do not know two people, we will arrange this if your application is accepted.
- The DVCS Board of Governance will consider your application at the next Board Meeting (held every six weeks).
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application shortly after the most recent Board Meeting.
- If your application is successful you will be sent a tax invoice for payment of your membership fee. Your membership will become active once payment has been received and shortly thereafter you will receive your Membership Pack.
- Members are required to renew their membership before 1 July annually. An invitation to renew your membership will be emailed to active members in June of each year.
- Concession is $5.00 per annum
- General is $10.00 per annum
- Community Organisations & Not-For-Profit Organisations is $25.00 per annum
- Government Departments, businesses, organisations and corporations is $50.00 per annum
To apply please complete our membership application form