DVCS recognises, and very much appreciates, that members of the community want to be involved in raising the profile of our service and of domestic violence in general. Below are some of the ways you can help us support people in our local ACT community.
2019 DVCS Gala Ball – Team Blue Volunteer
Each year DVCS hosts their annual fundraising Gala Ball. It is our major fundraising activity each year. The event is attended by over 300 people, including sponsors, supporters, politicians, DVCS Champions and local personalities. In 2019, our Gala Ball will be held on 18 May at Hotel Realm.
DVCS seeks sponsors each calendar year, with packages ranging from $2,000 up to $25,000. Each package includes tickets to the Gala Ball. We use this sponsorship money to pay for emergency accommodation, security upgrades, school holiday picnics for the families we support, support groups and client support such as groceries, petrol, phone credit and entertainment for young people.
We are currently seeking a number of volunteers to be part of an exclusive team, Team Blue. Team Blue participants will:
- Commit to sourcing a minimum of three items we can raffle or auction off at the Gala Ball (each item to hold a minimum value of $100);
- Commit to purchasing a table of ten to the Gala Ball with their friends, family or colleagues or selling a table to friends, family or colleagues (tables cost $2,000);
- Be invited to participate in a “Why I support DVCS” social media feature; and
- Receive an invitation to the exclusive DVCS Supporter Drinks to be held in November 2019.
If you meet the above criteria and want to be part of Team Blue, we encourage you to apply via the Team Blue Volunteer Application Form.
There are a number of ways for individuals to engage directly with us:
- Volunteer your time or expertise: please note volunteers do not engage with clients. Volunteers are utilised for the purpose of setting up and assisting at events such as ceremonies, balls and information sessions. To register your interest to be a volunteer please complete our volunteer application, and we will contact you when we next require assistance.
- Become a DVCS Member: memberships are valid for 12 months. For further information visit our membership page.
- Host an event to raise awareness and/or funds, with the proceeds going to DVCS: for example, a gold coin donation morning tea at your work place, trivia night, high tea, bowling night, etc. If you are hosting an event open to the public, please let us know so we can help with promotion.
Social Media Champion
DVCS Social Media Champions help us spread awareness and to engage more with the ACT and surrounding community. Social Media Champions should have multiple social media accounts that they engage with regularly (at least two from Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and are willing to share and promote DVCS content. DVCS Social Media Champions are volunteers and do not have to have experienced family, domestic or intimate partner violence.
To find out more, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply to become a DVCS Social Media Champion, please complete this online form.