Holiday season donations drive
How can you support those in our community who are impacted by domestic and family violence this festive season?
This year we are asking Canberrans to purchase and donate gift cards and vouchers for our clients.
Why gift cards and vouchers?
They are one of the most tangible ways we can increase safety for our clients.
Gift cards and vouchers not only enable our clients to access essential items such as food and clothing, but they increase our clients’ choice and agency. Vouchers provide agency over what items they buy and when, and also expand the range of options available for them.
Sadly, it’s well established that a lack of finances and resources is a factor in forcing clients to remain in unsafe situations. If a client who has left such a situation has access to food or petrol for even one night, that is one extra night they can choose to remain out of an unsafe situation.
How can you help?
People are asked to purchase a helpful gift card (see our suggestions below) for any amount, and drop it off at a Beyond Bank branch in Canberra before Thursday 22 December.
We are asking for gift cards for
- Supermarkets, e.g., Coles, Woolworths and Aldi
- Subscription services, e.g., Spotify and Netflix
- Department and affordable clothing/homewares stores, e.g., Kmart, TK Maxx, Target and BigW.
Gift cards can be dropped off in the secure DVCS donation boxes on the counter inside all Beyond Bank branches across Canberra:
- Belconnen – Westfield Mall Shop 139/20 Benjamin Way, Belconnen ACT 2617
- Gungahlin – Shop H51, Gungahlin Marketplace, 51 Hibberson St, Gungahlin ACT 2912
- Civic – City Walk Shop CG07, Canberra ACT 2600
- Woden – Shop 066A, Westfield Woden Shopping Centre, Keltie St, Phillip ACT 2606
- Mawson – 105 Mawson Dr, Mawson ACT 2607
- Tuggeranong – Shop/113 Anketell St, Greenway ACT 2900
We are so appreciative of all the kind and wonderful Canberrans who contribute to our holiday donation drives. Your support brings some relief, normalcy and joy to our clients during what is one of the hardest times of their life.
Make a monetary donation
Support organisations who support us
Beyond Bank Community Reward Account
Beyond Bank’s Community Reward Account helps you to raise money for DVCS, just by saving! All you do is open a Community Reward Account, save and Beyond Bank will make a donation to DVCS! The more you save, the more Beyond Bank will donate to DVCS.